Friday 9 September 2011

Work It Out: Fit and Flare

Taking advantage of the 20% off offer at Dottie P's on VFNO I popped in to pick up a couple of dresses from one of my recently discovered brands - Closet. I absolutely adore the deep, crisp purple shade of this dress and the cute fit and flare style. A more wearable (in the length) and ladylike version of the skater dresses that have been replicated by a number of brands in a rainbow of colours.
 Dress: Dorothy Perkins (£42), Patent Belt: Ted Baker, Patterned Tights: M&S, Boots: DP
As much as I like the colour and cut of this dress the fit wasn't as I had hoped. The waist sits much higher than I would like, which makes the little pocket flaps stick out, rather than fall flat on the hips. This does look a little unflattering as it makes you appear wider rather than creating a 'cola bottle' silhouette.. you win some, you lose some. So to create a better shape (and make it more work friendly) I paired this dress with a fitted, single button black jacket from Zara to cinch in the waist.
During the day I paired this outfit with patent and suede heels from DP. These are high, but comfy due to the t-bar strap, and at only £35 (here) they make a great bargain ;).

This is a fun outfit to take you from day to night - happy Friday my lovelies!!

Are you wearing flared dresses this season? What colours are you adding to your winter wardrobe? Have you tried Dorothy Perkins' Closet range? Any pieces you would recommend? xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig